Actetate Card Tutorial

Acetate is one of those things we all have in our crafty stash but sometimes don't know what to do with it.

So this week I thought I would show you a quick and easy Acetate Christmas Card.


What you will need


  1. Acetate sheet
  2. Coloured card stock - For this I used American Crafts and a small piece of White wash Coordinations with a pale blue core.
  3. Ribbon
  4. Rhinestones
  5. Christmas Snowflake mask or similar
  6. Cuttlebug or other die cutting machine
  7. 3D glue or foam pads
  8. Double sided tape
  9. Hougie board
  10. Sandpaper tool and Dust Buddy 
  11. Spellbinder Circle Dies or similar 

Step 1

Take a piece of coordinations card stock and run it through your cuttle bug along with the Christmas or Snowflake mask. Then cut out the sections you want to use for your card.

Step 2

Next I took my Spellbinders and cut out the circles that i wanted and sanded them down to reveal the coloured car.





Step 3

Next I cut out 3 different colours of Blue American Crafts Card stock to back my Snowflakes.

You can also cut out another set of plain circles to use on the inside of your acetate to hide the sticky tape or glue that you use to attach your Snowflakes to the front.

Step 4

Next I took my White Stazon Ink and a few different stamps and covered the front of the acetate.

This can be as full or as sparse as you like, I added a few swirls to give a little interest.You will need to set this to one side to dry as Stazon takes a little time to dry on acetate.

Step 5

Now you will need to add a piece of coloured card to the inside back cover of your acetate card.

I chose a pale Blue American Crafts card stock for this. And once again I cite a similar sized piece to use for the back of my card which is where I stamped the sentiment and wrote my Christmas message.

This hides the tape or glue from the front piece.



Step 6


All that was left then was to assemble the card using various bits and bobs such as ribbon, silver mesh material and rhinestones from my stash box.

A really pretty and contemporary Christmas Card that doesn't take too long at all to make.

I hope you will enjoy having a go at this card, if you do please send in your photo's to me here and I will add it to my blog for every one to see.

Thanks for popping by.

Until next time Happy Crafting xxx

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...