Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge............

Creative Expressions are currently looking for new Design Team members so I thought I might apply.  Aside from the general requirements a challenge has been set called "Calling Card".

The only requirements of this challenge are that you create a project that includes rubber stamping of some sort and that an ATC is featured somewhere in the piece. Other than that the challenge is completely open to your own interpretation!...

And here is the card that I made to fit in with this challenge.


 


How I made it:

For the card background and ATC background I made my own misters using alcohol inks in a little water to give a defused look. I used Oregano, Terracotta, Ginger and a little Latte. I placed the ATC in position before spraying so that the tones were continuous across both the card and the ATC.

I then took a separate sheet of super smooth paper stock and stamped out the Harlequin and Daisies stamp from the Chocolate Baroque (Elusive Images) Butterfly Daisy Collage stamp plate and stamped it out several times. I then cut them all out as well as the white space between the Harlequin pattern as I wanted the background colours to show through the design.

Once I had finished the cutting out I coloured in the Daisies using my Promarkers for a subtle look. I then collaged them onto my background lifting some of the daisies to give a more 3D effect.

I then took one of the glorious butterflies from the Chocolate Baroque Patchwork Butterflies and stamped it onto acetate using Stazon. Once this was dry I used my crafty Notions Sunshine gilding flakes to cover the reverse before cutting it out and adding it to the collage with with my 3D glue Gel.

I then stamped and embossed my ATC with a sentiment from the Sheena Poppies and Daisies stamp plate with Rich Gold Wow embossing powder. And I stamped a few swirls from the Sheena Best Friends stamp plate around the edges of the card and ATC, using a Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I also embossed round the edges of both the ATC and the Card with the Rich Gold embossing powder to give them both a lift.

And there you have my entry for the "Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge".

Until Next time Happy Crafting xxx

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...