Baroque Guild ATC Swap June 2011

The theme for June's ATC swap was Summer Solstice. You can let your imagination run wild on this theme but I decided t keep it quite simple this month.

This first ATC was made using the waste paper from making embossed paper backgrounds from toilet tissue.

I used the glossy paper to lift the left over ink from the mask after I had made the  background and the effect was absolutely stunning so it was put into my stash box ready too use at a later date. "Waste not want not as they say".

I stamped the tree from one my Crafty Individual  tree stamp sets. Not a very technical ATC but very effective I think.

This is the ATC that I received from Karen Paul. It's made using Stampbord and I absolutely love it.

The Stampbord makes the colours on this ATC pop right out of the ATC at you. And the stamping is so clear, you can see all the different background stamps Karen has used when you hold it up to the light, amazing.....

For my 2nd ATC I created an background again from recycles cut off's from a previous project.

I stamped over the top using the gorgeous flourish from the Chocolate Baroque Happy Birthday A6 stamp plate.

And I added the lovely little rub-on word Sunshine before finishing off with a little faux stitching around the edges and a little bling.

This next ATC was my second swap and came from Rebecca Harris, it is also very gorgeous and very, very delicate.

The little bird on the wire is so cute and has loads of detail, as does the background. I think Rebecca has stamped the background in clear inks then used a brayer to create the backdrop to this gorgeous little ATC.

The over stamping of the meadow flowers has been done in similar ink shades to the background and perfectly sets the whole image off. I love it.

Next months theme is "Trees and Flowers" and I am really looking forward to this one.

So until next time Happy Crafting x x

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...