Baroque Guild Tag Swap June 2011

The theme for May's Chocolate Baroque Guild tag swap was Roses or Pearls. And we had to make 2 tags.  For my first tag I decided to go with the Pearl theme.

I created the tag from a plain White piece of card stock sprayed  with Cosmic Shimmer Ocean Sunlight and Aqua Lagoon.

I then took the beautiful small flourish from the Chocolate Baroque (Elusive Images) Butterfly Daisies stamp plate and stamped it into two opposite corners and left it to dry.

Whilst I was waiting I took one of the stamped Gesso backgrounds from my previous tutorial  Creating Gesso & Acrylic Paint Textured Backgrounds.  I stamped this with one of the fabulous butterflies from the Butterfly Daisies stamp plate and cut it out. 

I then used my hole punch to create faux pearl beads using the waste from the but out butterfly.

I then carefully added Pearly Doodles to both of the flourishes on the tag, "not a good idea when your hands shake" Once dry I added the butterfly and Faux brads and finished off with a shimmery wired ribbon.


This is the beautiful tag that I received from Judith, I just love this stamp plate and it is now on my wish list. 

Judith used distress inks to colour the background of her tag before stamping the image which she then embossed with White embossing powder. 

The wooden scrabble tiles have also been distressed and adds a fabulous touch to this beautiful tag. 

As I don't have any Rose stamps in my stash currently I had to think of other ways to portray the Rose theme. So for this second tag I decided to make some stamped vellum roses. I embossed the roses with White embossing powder.


For the background I used a tag I had made previously for a tutorial called The Faux Bleach Technique unfortunately my photograph doesn't show how shimmery the tag actually is.

To finish off I added some pearls that I had coloured to match and a shimmery ribbon.


This is the second tag that I received and it was made by Jean Straw. It is absolutely gorgeous and another stamp is now on my wish list. 

Jean has coloured the tag itself using distress inks and then she has very delicately over stamped it using one of the fabulous flourishes from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp plate.

I just love the colours Jean has used for this tag.

The theme for the next swap is Rainbow or kaleidoscope which has me currently stumped .... I am sure I will think of something though.


So until next time Happy Crafting x x

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...