More Paint Fusion - Better late than never !!!!

I really thought I had already posted my original attempts at Paint Fusion but alas I was mistaken, either that or the blog fairies took them ha! ha!

So here they are in no particular order - my first attempts at paint Fusion....

First off we have the Poppies. They are painted onto simple grey board which has been painted with a dark coloured emulsion paint and then crackled with PVA and a lighter coloured emulsion paint.

I made it into a tag ready to go onto a card and then stamped and embossed the swirls and the word Poppies with Rich Gold WoW powder.

To finish off I also edged the tag with the Rich Gold. I really must try more of these poppies as they are so pretty.

Next up was the Berries. Again I prepared the grey board using emulsion paint but this time I didn't crackle, I tried to distress the paint by over heating it in places which caused bubbles to form in the paint.

The leaves were the hardest to paint here, it took 3 goes to get them looking like this, lol.

I added the berries using my thumb and the rubber off my pencil, not quite plump enough for me, next time I need to find someone with bigger thumbs to assist me ...

Again I stamped and embossed the swirls and the wording but this time using  Brass WOW powder.

Next up was the Lavender from Simply Sweet. I made another tag, but for some reason the crackle didn't quite crackle and the end result  looked more like a bad paint job with a slight surface crackle. If you click on the image and take a look at the larger image you can just about see what I mean.

Anyway as it was my first attempt I carried on in the hope that I could rescue the end result with distressed inks. And I think it worked out quite well in the end.

Last but not least I had a go at the Daisies. Again on a crackled grey board. I found these a little difficult to start off with. Judging the right amount of paint to use was a little tricky but I persevered and after several layers I think I got the hang of it. I need to work on my centres but for a first attempt I was chuffed to bits.

I have already posted my 2nd and 3rd attempts at paint fusion you can see them in the post before this one.  I now have many ideas in my head of where to take this next so pop back soon for my next adventures in Paint Fusion...

Until next time Happy Crafting xxx

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...