Baroque Guild ATC Swap May 2011

The theme for May's swap was Faeries, I love this theme but I don't really have many stamps with faeries so I had improvise a little bit as we now have to make 2 ATC's for each swap.

This is the ATC I received from Mel and I am sure you will agree that it's a gorgeous little ATC and I love everything about it. From the textured background to the collaged fairy. There is such a lot going on in this ATC that you have to take a close look at it to take it al in.

And this is the 2nd ATC I received from Kate in Spain. Another gorgeous little ATC with lots of delicate detail. I especially love the pearl drops in the background and the little wings are just gorgeous and pearly.

Thank you ladies they are fabulous ATC's......


Here are the 2 ATC's I made for the swap.

This first one was created by stamping one of the butterflies, from the Chocolate Baroque (formerly Elusive Images) Patchwork  Butterflies stamp plate, onto acetate.

I then attached the butterfly to a sheet of A4 double sided adhesive and I cut it out. I then took a pot of Variegated Red gilding flakes and covered the remaining adhesive side with the gilding flakes. I love this technique because the final product never ceases to amaze me.

Next I stamped an image from an Inkadinkado stamp set I have onto acetate. I chose this set because if you look carefully the centre of the butterfly is in fact a miniature Fairy. Perfect to use as my fairy butterflies body. And once dry I coloured in the back of the fairy using my Promarkers. To finish off I added some coloured Rhinestones and a piece of wired ribbon from my craft stash which I made into a wave and used Collall 3D glue underneath to stiffen the peaks.

 For my 2nd ATC stamped the butterfly wings onto acetate and embossed them using Gold WOW powder. I then found a silhouette of a fairy on the internet which I cut out and then glazed using Glossy Accents from Tim Holtz.

To attach the wings I folded them in half and added a little 3D glue to the edge, I then placed this into the Glossy Accents so that the wings looked like they were coming out of the back of the fairy silhouette.

I added a lovely little yellow paper rose  and used one of my stickles glitter glues to bling up the background. I finished off by embossing with a WOW pearl embossing powder round the edges of the ATC.

I recently started an ATC & Tag swap group on Facebook. If you'd like to join in the monthly swaps please visit my new group Crazicards ATC & Tag Swap page. Everyone is welcome.

Thanks for dropping by.

Until next time Happy Crafting xx

2 comments:



mamapez5 said...

I love your butterfly Angie, and the cute little fairy for the body is sheer genius. Kate x

Crazicards Crafty Blog said...

Thank you Kate :O) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...