Baroque Guild Tag Swap May 2011

The theme for May's Chocolate Baroque Guild tag swap was Emerald. For some reason this was another one that I needed to really think about as we had 2 tags to make, but once I got going things turned out just fine - Well I think they did anyway...

Here is my first tag. Whilst I was rooting through my crafty stash I came across a set of Artylicious A6 papers. And lucky for me this gorgeous bird paper was in Emerald Green.

I wanted to make a feature of the Blackbird sitting on the branch so I covered it with some Crackle Accents. This really made the Blackbird and his perch pop out from the background but it still wasn't enough...

So I put my thinking cap on and decided to create a Moon from clear embossing powder so that you can still see the fabulous detail from the paper I had chosen. I then added some of my favourite trees from Chocolate Baroque Tall Trees stamp plate and embossed them with clear embossing powder also. I added some fancy mixed fibres and embossed the tags edges to finish off.

For my 2nd tag I chose another of the Artylicious papers also in Emerald Green. I chose the gorgeous Breath of Spring stamp plate from Chocolate Baroque. To start off with I stamped the main flower directly onto my tag and a scrap of the same background paper.

I coloured in the flowers using my Promarkers. I then decided to glaze the individual flowers on the spare stamped flower using Glossy Accents. And once they were dry I cut them all out individually - mad I know......

I decoupaged these onto the tags main flower before adding some Emerald rhinestones , a lovely little ribbon from my stash and a sentiment. I also added a little sparkle with a stickle glitter glue.

Then to finish off  I embossed the edges of the tag with Gold WOW embossing powder.


As this was a double swap I also received 2 tags. Here is the gorgeous tag I received from Joyce Dixon. I really like this tag as it catches your eye wherever you look at it because of all the different textures.

We have the gorgeous reflective Emerald ribbon, torn paper, torn vellum for the sentiment, Emerald rhinestones and a super little frame made from a very pretty holographic card. A fabulous tag thank you Joyce.

The 2nd tag that I received was from my good friend Sheila Jacob. And is fabulous as always.

For this tag Sheila has used my favourite Tall Trees stamp set which she has embossed in gold. To make the trees come to life Sheila has added Green embossing powder to the leaves and it looks really effective.

The trees have also been shadow stamped onto a lovely piece of artylicious paper and Sheila has used a leaf punch and the same backing paper to add little embellishments.

The satin flowers have inked edges and the hand made embellishment to the right of the tag is just fabulous and sets off the tag beautifully. Well done Sheila I  love it.....

I recently started an  Tag and ATC swap group on Facebook. If you'd like to join in the monthly swaps please visit my new group Crazicards ATC & Tag Swap page. Everyone is welcome.

Until next time Happy Crafting xx

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...