Birthday Cards

Here are a couple of birthday cards I made recently using the Paint Fusion technique.

This first card I made for my mum's 70th birthday.

I stamped the leaves in a frame then using Acrylic Paints and Sheen Douglass's Paint Fusion Technique.

I left that to dry whilst I stamped the wheelbarrow image with Stazon ink before painting it with my acrylic paints.

By the time I had finished that the leaves were well and truly dry so I cut round the outer leaves using scissors then I took my craft knife and glass mat and cut out the centre of the frame to create a window.

Once everything was dry I matted and layered a holographic Gold card square onto a felt card base approx 7" x 7".

Then using my Collall 3D glue I assembled the card placing the wheelbarrow in the centre followed by the leaf frame. I had a few extra leaves that I made earlier which I used to decoupage the leaves of the frame giving the whole image a 3D effect.

To finish off I painted some Alphabet Soup Grungebord letters to spell MUM and number 70 in Gold acrylic paint.


This 2nd card was made in exactly the same way except I used a wishing well stamp. And instead of using my craft knife to cut round all the leaves I used my spell binder circles die set to cut out the aperture

I coloured in the wishing well using distressed inksProMarkers and AquaMarkers and then added a little flowersoft for texture.

For the Sentiment I stamped Happy Birthday using my Versamark ink pad and then embossed that with Wow Rich Gold Embossing Powder.

I really enjoyed making both of these cards. And I have no doubt that I will be mixing Paint Fusion with other traditional images in the future.

Until next time Happy Crafting x

I have entered the top card from this post into the Polkadoodles week 39 challenge, pop on over and take a peek at all the beautiful entries so far xx



4 comments:



mamapez5 said...

Lovely cards Angie. I particularly like the wheelbarrow. I bet your mum was really pleased with it. Kate x

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Tip Top said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Colette said...

Lovely cards, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Good Luck! Colette xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...