What did you do over the weekend.. I made some paper flowers

So what did you get up to over the weekend?

Besides the usual shopping and tidying up I managed to squeeze in some crafty things. I wanted to have a go at making some different style of flowers which was fun and very addictive (lol).

I have heard a lot of people say that once you start to make them you will not be able to stop. And now I know why they say that, as I really enjoyed making the flowers because I managed to get rather messy, like you do....

Here's a few of the ones I made:

This is the first rose I made using my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies with watercolour paper. I used this type of paper as I wanted to see what effect the ink would have from the Tim Holtz Distressed Inks and Cosmic Shimmer Mister Sprays.

To get this effect I simply sprayed Cosmic Shimmer Ocean Sunlight onto my craft mat and sprayed with a little water. I them spread the ink over the craft mat with my hand before adding my flowers.

I was quite happy as the ink soaked in to the paper in a kind of tie dyed way but you can't really see that from my photo. The only problem I had with the watercolour paper was that it is very fragile when wet.

Once the paper has been sprayed and dried it is quite stiff which is great for these flowers and you can shape the petal quite well. You just need to remember to cut in between each of the petals so that they don't tare when you stick and shape them.

Once this rose was dry I sprayed it again with a Cosmic Shimmer Mister which from memory was the  Sunlight Mist.

I also had a play with the rest of Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies and made this fabulous flower using two of the large flowers and the same two  medium flowers as I used for my roses.

Again I decided to use the watercolour paper for this flower and I used Tim Holtz Distressed Inks Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw with a hint of Spiced Marmalade, and the Bronze Blush Cosmic Shimmer Mister to finish off with. Sounds like a 3 course meal doesn't it ...

To ink the flowers I simply dabbed my ink pads onto my craft mat and then added water, one colour at a time.

This was by far the messiest one to make as I scrunched the flowers up once I had finished inking them up. So I would suggest that you wear some rubber gloves to protect your hands before you start to play.  Again once the flowers were dry I sprayed them very lightly with the Bronze Cosmic Shimmer Mister spray and then dragged the petal edges through the excess spray left on the craft mat.

Once dried I glued them together with my hot glue gun, the two large petals first followed by the two medium flowers and I added a nice fancy metal bead I had in my stash for the centre. I really like the look of this flower and will most definitely be making a few more of these in different colours. The only thing to remember with this particular type of flower is that it is quite big at 2.5 to 3 inches across.

You can alter the width slightly when you put it together as long as the flowers are still damp. You can spray it with water to re-shape it if you want to after you have glued it together

And this is the third flower I made. For this one I dabbed my Chipped Sapphire distressed ink pad onto my craft mat and sprayed it with water. I then spread the ink over the craft mat before adding my flowers. This gave a much deeper covering to the flowers which was really quite vibrant before the flowers dried. (Once the flowers dried they had a more distressed look to them which is great).

Once the flowers had been dried off using my heat gun I stamped them all over with the word "bloom" in silver ink. And once I put the rose together I dragged the petal edges through the silver in pad and also a little gold.

I just love these roses and they are perfect for adding to your cards, boxes and photo frames. If you haven't had a go at making these yourself yet I really suggest you do give them a go, you will be really glad that you did, and once you get the hang of it you will know doubt have a big box full of many different types and styles of paper flowers that you can use on all your projects.

Tomorrow I will show you the two stamped Sheena images I had a play with over the weekend. I have never used watercolour paints or pastel chalks along side my stamping so this was something new to try and it turned out ok for a first go ...lol..

So until tomorrow....happy crafting :O)

2 comments:



mamapez5 said...

Angie these are all beautiful but I love the bronze one. I am deffinitely going to have a go. I haven't made any so far as I tend to keep most of my crafting 'low- dimensional' for posting to UK, though really if they travel through the post for you, it shouldn't be much different from here if I package them properly. So, next time I have an afternoon free I shall see what I can do. Thanks for the inspiration. Kate x

craftyJane said...

GORGEOUS, every one of them!!. I really like the rustic look of the bronze one, and the blue one with the gold and silver is beautiful. You talented friend
Lotsa love and big hugs
Janexxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...