Stamped Art Deco Lady Card and Wrap

If you look through my cards you won't really see anything too girly in there as I don't have too many girly type stamps to be honest apart from flowers. I love that grungy arty look more than anything else so I concentate on that style normally.

However, when I saw the Debbie Moore Art Deco Ladies on TV the other week I just had to have them. There is just something about that era I love.

Sadly only one was sent as the other went out of stock :O( But lucky for me the one I did receive was my favourite one so I wasn't too disappointed.

So over the weekend I set to and made this card with a wrap. And although I say so myself I really love it.. as it came out so much better than I imagined it would.

I wanted to try something different for this card so I made a cross over card, with a wrap around.

The little wrap around helps to keep the card closed as well as making it look good too. You can make this from anything you like such as vellum, card, lace, paper. And you can keep it really simple or make it as lavish as you like.

I went for the simple but elegant, using patterned card, black organza ribbon and string of pearly beads. After I took this picture I decided to add a tiny red rose and a Chrystal heart charm which were attached to the bow. Unfortunately I forgot to take another picture - sorry ....

The base card was made from 2 x A5 centura pearl card blanks. The front of each card was scored on the Hougie board to make a diamond pattern before cutting in half.

The half that was removed was then used to decorate the inside of the card fronts and continued the diamond pattern on the inside.The 2 x A5 cards were then stuck together with collall photo glue.

I love this glue as you can rub away the excess if it squishes out the sides, like it always does!!! The inside of the card was matted with Black glitter card and a punched out white glitter card topper.They were stuck together with collall silicon glue to ensure a good bond.

I then stamped the gorgeous Art Deco lady and coloured in the back panel using Sakura Gel pens.And I coloured the ladies skin in using my skin tone and skin accent promarkers.

Now for the fun bit. I took out 2 different colours of Cosmic Shimmer Fusible Film and a tiny bit of Angelina Fibres to create the ladies dress, feathers and hat.

I stamped and ironed the image first in one colour and then with the darker colour I just stamped and ironed the hat and feathers.

These were then cut out and put together over the original stamped figure. The great thing about the fusible film is that you can shape it with your iron. So you can really make the dress look like it has folds in it.

And one of the other unique things about the film is that it changes colour in different light. For example in the image the dress is Pink and Blue. If you turn the card more to the light the dress turns Green, and more to the other side it is a pearly White, it's fabulous...

To attach the film pieces to the original image I used a Zig Glue Pen round the edges. And to finish off I added a few gems to add some sparkle.

I shall definitely be making more cards like this in the future, I just have to hunt for some different art deco stamps...

Thanks for reading & Happy Crafting...

2 comments:



mamapez5 said...

What a clever card Angie. She is rather beautiful, and I just love playing with the fusible films and fibres. Kate x

craftyJane said...

Hi Angie, I LOVE this Art deco Card you've made, sophistication isn't enough to say about it Lotsa Love and big hugs - Janexxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...