Graphicus Guild Tag Swap February 2011

This months theme for the Graphicus Guild Tag swap was Romance. Which fits in quite nicely as  we had Valentines Day last week.

This is the gorgeous tag I received from Sheila. She has used Elusive Images stamps and Tim Holtz Distressed inks. 

I love the lace edging to the bottom of the tag.

After the huge tag I made for my first tag swap I managed to scale it down a little for this months Romance swap "lol" . I think the size of the tag is going to be dictated by the stamps I decide to use for that particular challenge.

I don't think it really matters too much what the size is as long as it is a tag.

I wanted to try something new for my tag this time.  So I set about making the background and took 4 different coloured Distressed ink pads and coloured in the page using each one in turn with my cut 'n' dry foam pad. Once I had finished that and let it dry I set about making a fabulous collage using some of my Tim Holtz stamps.

That was quite good fun and something I will definitely be trying again using different stamp sets that I have in my Stash. I can imagine that I will get some great collage background sets.

Once I had made the background and collage it with my stamps I took a  gold pen and a white pen and made some little highlights which made the background come forwards a little. I then stamped my Clarity Stamp Sketchy Lady on to card and added some swirls to her dress in red ink. And then I stamped her into Angelina fibres and put them together with my trusty zig pen.

Whilst that was drying I found some little letter stickers I have had for an absolute age and set out the word love to the bottom left. I covered each letter in Glossy Accents and left that to dry.

Once everything was dry I coloured in the sketchy lady with my promarker skin tones an mounted her onto the tag with silicone glue. I then coloured some string using the 4 distressed inks that I used to make the background, added a heart flower charm and there you have it my finished romance tag. I sent it off to it's new home with Pearl this week and I hope she likes it :O)

2 comments:



mamapez5 said...

That's a lot of work for one tag Angie, and an excellent result. I'm sure pearl is delighted with it. Kate x

Crazicards Crafty Blog said...

Thank you Kate I really enjoyed this one :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...