Sheena Stamps - Watercolours and Pastels

I just love Sheena Douglass don't you?

And I just love her "A Little Bit Sketchy" range of stamps as they give all of us the chance to play with so many different mediums.

 I sat and watched Sheena on Create and Craft the other day full of a cold but still as enthusiastic as ever about what she was showing to the viewers. Bless her...

Anyway in this particular programme Sheena was showing us how to use her stamps with watercolour pencils and chalk pastels. Both of which I have had for absolutely eons and never really used much.

So after being super inspired by Sheena I dug out my pencils and chalks from the dark depths of the spare room, where I keep my stash, and had a little play.

The first picture is coloured with the watercolour pencils and using the Nature Accomplished stamp set. It took me a while but it turned out OK although I say so myself and also considering that I used my cheap watercolour pad which is only 180 gsm. I will definitely use my Bockingford watercolour paper next time as I think the result will definitely be much better.

This second image is also on my cheap watercolour paper using the Milestone and Moments stamp plate and using my chalk pastel pencils to colour it in. This is the first time ever that I have used these pastels and I must admit I wasn't as happy with the results as I was with the watercolour pencils.

But that could be the paper I used I guess and  for a first attempt it's not too bad, practise makes perfect as they say. So next time I shall try the pastels using the right card stock and hopefully the end result will improve with more practise. I would most definitely recommend that you have a go with your watercolour pencils and chalk pastels if you have them, it's really rewarding and I know you will be happy with the end results once you have finished.

Have fun and Happy Crafting :O)

2 comments:



mamapez5 said...

Hi Angie. I have both water colour pencils and chalk pencils but I have never had this much success with them. Well done!
I can sometimes pick up C&C on our television out here, so I shall look to see whether Sheena's programme is repeated. perhaps I can pick up a few tips too.

craftyJane said...

Love both your sketches, I have watercolour pencils but could never achieve your results. My painting is very much like a childs no idea of shading or whatever but hey I'll try anything once LOL
Lotsa love and big hugs
Janexxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...