A couple more cards...

If you follow my blog you will know that I recently started fundraising for Cancer Research and that I have a few items on my website Crazicards that are for sale and a percentage of the profit will be donated to my Cancer Research fund . You can read all about it on my Just Giving Page here.

Things are going well and the shopping trolley tokens have been a hit so far. And as a little thank you I have been sending a little thank you card with every fundraiser item which have also gone down quite well.

Here are a few of the new cards I made ready to go out with the next items that are sold, I try to make each one slightly different is some way.

For the first two I used my Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Pads to create the backgrounds using my trusty cut 'n' dry foam.

I then over stamped with my Creative Expressions British Wild Flowers and Meadow Flora using two different colours of distressed ink before I sprayed gently with water to help defuse the background a little. The more you spray the more the ink will move so it's just a case of playing to see which effect you like best.

Once that had been dried I added a little shimmer to the buttercups and thistle with my Sakura pens just to give the topper some sparkle.

Then I stamped an Elusive Images butterfly onto some shiny card and coloured them in using my Promarkers. For the antenna you can either draw them onto the card as I have or you could use wire or waxed cotton if you have the time.

 
TIP: Use Momento or Adirondack dye based inks for Promarkers and Stazon ink for Aqua markers. Always make sure your initial inked image is completely dry before you start to colour in as the edges may bleed if it's still wet.

You can also emboss the image which will fix it fully, you can then use either type of Promarker to colour in.Once the butterflies were coloured in I covered both of them with Glossy Accents and left them to dry for an hour or so.

Whilst they were drying I used my Rich Gold WOW embossing Powder to highlight the edges of the toppers and sentiments. And once the butterflies were completely dry I cut them out and put the cards together.

For the third card I used the same techniques for the background except I sprinkled the back ground with a little water and dabbed it off to get a speckled effect. And I used one of the gorgeous British Butterflies from Stamps Away.

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...