Christmas is almost upon us....

I can't believe that Christmas is just 51 days away, yikes!!!!! And I haven't made even one Christmas card yet... I think I had better get my skates on or else Christmas will have been and gone before I know it LOL...

I have been playing around with a few ideas to make something totally different this year for family and friends. I love the traditional style cards but I thought something more modern might be in order this year and it has to include trees as I just love trees.

Anyway I tried out an idea the other day and here's the result.





You can't really see from this image all the lovely glitter on the tree, it looks really effective in the flesh. To make this one I used my spellbinders to cut out an aperture and placed that over my card stock. This is some fabulous heavy weight white felt card. I then used my Big and Juicy Waterfall ink pad to ink the centre of the cut out aperture. The finished effect looks a bit like Christmas tree baubles but I am afraid my photography isn't up to much so you can't really see that very well.

I let that dry before stamping one of the fabulous naked trees from my create a scene trees stamp set by Sheena Douglas. And I then stamped some lovely snowflakes before going to town on the tree with some clear sparkly glitter. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card but didn't really like the one I used very much so I remade the sentiment using a better image and added it on using 1mm foam pads to give it a little bit of a lift off the page.


I finished off by mounting the whole image onto brushed Silver holographic mirror card then onto my White Felt card base.

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...