30 Days to go........

Well I think I have broken the back of my Christmas cards now. I only have 3 left to do yippee !!! I just hope I didn't forget anyone.

I as mentioned in a previous post I chose trees as my main theme this year as I wanted to do something totally different and not so traditional. Here are a couple more of the cards I have made using My Create a Scene Tree stamps by Sheena Douglas.


On this card I stamped the tree and then created an aperture which I backed with acetate and a lovely gold frame to hide the sticky bits.

I then inked a square on the inside to match the aperture, using my trusty waterfall big 'n' juicy ink pad. Then to finish off I stamped and embossed the greeting and snowflakes and glittered the lovely tree with clear holographic glitter to give the feeling of frosty snow.





For this card i decided to stamp Christmas music straight onto the White felt card blank using Tim Holtz Broken China Distressed Ink pad. After that I created the faux aperture using my big 'n' juicy ink pad and my giant dauber. To create the effect of the aperture I went round the square with a stardust Sakura gelly roll pen after i stamped and embossed my tree. You can do this with any type of pen but as this is a Christmas card I though the Stardust pen would look good. By adding brads to the corners it gives you another fab look of faux matting and layering.

To finish off I glittered my tree once again then mounted the whole card onto Blue holographic mirror card before mounting that onto the main card blank.

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...