Baroque Guild Tag Swap April 2011

The theme for April's tag swap was Baroque in shades of Blue. This one took some thinking about as Baroque can be interpreted in different ways.

The Oxford English Dictionary states that the word  "baroque" is derived from the Portuguese word "barroco", Spanish "barroco", or French "baroque", all of which refer to a "rough or imperfect pearl". However in informal usage, the word "baroque" can simply mean that something is "elaborate", with many details. So I decided to go with that.

Here is the tag that I made for my swap. I started off by using a brayer to cover a piece of silk art card with ink from the Waterfall Big 'n' Juicy ink pad. Once dry I stamped an image from the Grungy Brocade stamp plate and I embossed it with clear WOW embossing powder.

I then took a dye based Adirondak black ink pad and brayered over the whole card again. Where you have embossed will resist the black ink giving you this beautiful rainbow effect.

 After that I took a piece of cream and blue baroque style paper and added Crystal Laquer to the pattered elements. And once dried I went around the edges with a Versamark ink pad and embossed with Blue Pearl WOW powder. Once everything was dried I matted and layered the rainbow panel and put the tag together. Finishing of with some fancy fibres in blue tones.

This is the beautiful tag that I received from Gina. I hope my photograph does this tag the justice it deserves.

Gina has used the Artylicious "Essence of Nature"  cd to create a gorgeous background paper.  She has used a crafty Individuals stamp for the pretty lady image and a couple of Chocolate Baroque paisley stamps which she has embossed in gold.

To finish off Gina added a pretty little flower with a pearl centre. Its a beautiful tag and I love it. So thank you Gina.

May's tag theme was Emerald and we had to make 2 different tags, easier said that done. Once I receive my swaps back I shall add them here. I am looking forward to seeing what I will receive this time.

Until next time Happy Crafting xx

1 comments:



uhooi said...

waw,, It's very pretty and beautiful,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...