Baroque Guild ATC Swap April 2011

The theme for April's ATC swap was Chocolate and Cream.

This is the gorgeous little ATC that I received from Barbara.

The ATC is stamped using the Chocolate Baroque Nature Table stamp set and coloured in using Promarkers.

Barbara then over stamped a leaf design which she  has emboss with a Caramel coloured embossing powder which gives a great effect.

Then to finish off Barbara has punched out some pretty little butterflies. 

This is the ATC that I made for the swap. I decided to have a play with some light modelling paste which I spread over the ATC made from grey board. Once I got an even covering I stamped into the paste with a swirl from the Patchwork Butterflies stamp plate from Chocolate Baroque.

Once dried I painted the image with acrylic paints and I used rub on accents to highlight the edges of the images and ATC. I then filled in the void created by the stamp with Crystal Lacquer and coloured some plain white square pearls with a permanent brown pen.

Because the light modelling paste is so light and flexible I was then able to punch  down the side with my ribbon punch and I then threaded through some fancy fibres to finish off the ATC

Top Tip: The trick with modelling pastes and rubber stamps is to lightly spray the stamp before pushing it into the paste so that you don't get too much paste sticking to the stamp. You also have to remember to wash the stamp and your tools straight away to ensure the paste doesn't dry on them. Once it has dried it is extremely difficult to remove.

The theme for next months ATC is Summer Solstice which should be fun as it is a celebaration of everything summery.

Until next time Happy Crafting. xx

0 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...