Graphicus Guild Tag Swap March 2011

The theme for this months tag swap was Autumn Glory and we also had to incorporate the following colours,Gold, Bronze, Copper and Burgundy.

Autumn is my favourite time of the year as the colours created by nature are just amazing.

This is the gorgeous tag I received from Joyce. She has used Elusive Images stamps and Tim Holtz Distressed Inks with Gold and Copper embossing on the leaves.

The gorgeous little leaf towards the top of the tag has been stamped onto Stampbord and then double embossed making it look like a little tile. Sadly my photography skills will never do this  tag the justice it deserves.  I need to practise more....

I thoroughly enjoyed making my tag for this swap. The smaller tag went out of the window again as I just had to go large for his one.

I started by making a leafy background using my Mica Mask aptly called Leaves and a little light moulding paste. This is similar to embossing paste except it is White.

Once that was dried I painted it using Pearlescent acrylic paints in Gold, Copper and Green. I painted the whole tag in the same colours so that everything matched. Once that was dry I took my Sepia archival ink and stamped the fabulous tree from Crafty Individuals several times down the right hand side.

I then cut out and glued a section of the leaves I made earlier to the left hand side of the tag. Next I painted the letters in the required colours, Gold, Bronze, Copper and Burgundy. And once they were dry I glazed the letters G and R with Crystal Lacquer.

I then made the main leaves from Gold, Bronze and Copper metal. I have just discovered craft metal and I must say I really like the effects you can get from it. Once everything was dry I assembled the card using Collall 3D Glue Gel. And there you have it my Autumn Glory tag.

I sent it off to it's new home with Margaret on Monday and I hope she likes it :O)

1 comments:



mamapez5 said...

Gorgeous colours Angie, and I love the little metal leaves. Did you put your metal through an embossing folder to make them? I am sure someone will be pleased to receive this. And it's a lovely swap that Joyce made for you too. Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...