Autum Foliage & Create a Scene Trees

I just love this time of year, all those fabulous colours of Autumn are just magnificent. I recently made a little card for my mum using the Create a Scene Trees stamp set by Sheena Douglass and also using the Autumn Foliage stamps by Rubbernecker Designs.

I started by creating the coloured background using my stamping up dye based ink pads. I then stamped the leaves all over in a contrasting colour but a little faded. And then on top of that I stamped my bare trees in a fabulous rusty colour. Once the car was dry I used glossy accents to highlight the faded leaves and I am so pleased with the look as it makes the leaves just pop out of the page at you.



Once everything was dry I added a lovely dobby ribbon to close the card with and stamped another tree image on the back where I placed the sentiment. I then made a matching envelope which was stamped with the leaves.






After I finished the card I decided to make an ATC to go along with the card, mum and I have started to swap ATCs recently so I thought this would be nice to go with the card I made for her. I made the dangly from shrink plastic and beads and finished the corners off with brads.  made 2 ATCs as I couldn't decide on the colours to use. The spare one was sent to a friend who is in the same ATC club as I am.

1 comments:



Kay Carley said...

This is beautiful! Just love the different panels - I just wish that autumn was as pretty as your card this year!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stamp Man :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...